- The CWO should – in consultation with the ACPO – create and maintain a list of all those people in the club working with children. The CWO and ACPO then have to determine who needs to be DBS checked under the new definition of Regulated Activity.
- General guidance with regards to who falls into Regulated Activity can be found here.
- BAB guidance on who falls into Regulated Activity can be found here
- It is suggested that you keep a log of roles and DBS checks – and a template can be downloaded here
- Anyone you wish to appoint to work with children (coaches, instructors, helpers etc) should complete an application form. Click here to download a sample. and a self declaration form (click here to download)
- Please note that individual applicants will also need to be aware of the process for managing the Single Disclosure – so make sure you understand these new regulations.
Club Welfare Officers [CWOs] play a key role in the implementation of safeguarding children in Aikido. Their presence in clubs means they are ideally placed to support the implementation of the new DBS requirements. All clubs offering training sessions for under 18s should have a CWO in post. However we appreciate that some organisations are working towards this as part of their development plans. If your club does not have a CWO then this section should be considered applicable to the role of Association Child Protection Officer [ACPO]. ACTION PLAN