The BAB already supports thousands of youngsters training in aikido throughout the UK and is now promoting a Kids in Schools initiative (AiKIDo) which offers Aikido classes to schools as a curricular or after school activity
As a Governing Body we have robust systems in place ensuring continued high standards. These include a range of policies which are regularly reviewed and updated including:
- Child Safeguarding
- Equality & Equity
- Risk Assessment
- Data Protection
- Anti Bullying
All Coaches in an unsupervised activity are DBS checked, fully insured and hold Coaching Qualifications endorsed by the British Aikdo Board
Why is Aikido an asset to the School and its pupils?
- Ideal for boys and girls regardless of physical ability
- Encourages discipline and respect
- Confidence building
- Encourages working together and accepting others limitations
- Development through continual praise and affirmations
- Progression of skills that engenders a feeling of achievement and belonging
- Encourages physical and mental wellbeing
- Relaxation & Trust exercises
- Enhances general awareness and safety, without aggression
- It is FUN
Aikido works with the natural movements of the growing body, with each technique benefiting both the practicing attacker and defender. Both will improve their flexibility and spatial awareness and the defender will improve their co-ordination within an atmosphere of mutual respect
Every coach will provide a detailed form outlining their Aikido credentials, experience and contact details.
We hope the accompanying video will give you a flavour of what aikido has to offer our young people.
For more information contact the BAB secretary:
Mrs Shirley Timms, 6 Halkingcroft, Langley, Slough SL3 7AT.
tel: 01753 577878 or email via this website
Kids in action
Entering Amazon from here before you purchase ensures the BAB is supported by Amazon.